We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our Engineering team in San Francisco. The candidate will develop and maintain the analytics and server side components of the DecisionNext platform. The stack consists mostly of a Python backend, an HTML5/JS frontend, and MongoDB, all hosted on AWS.
Experience in Python is required.
The Engineering Team at DecisionNext is a multi-disciplinary group responsible for building, maintaining, and operating complex predictive analytics platform and end-user web applications. Members of the Engineering team take responsibility for a portion of the system within their core expertise, contribute to areas outside their core, and help build a professional and collegial atmosphere. The entire team participates in a weekly QA exercise.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong fundamental understanding of software design and development
- 3-5 years of enterprise development experience, preferably in a scripting language like Python, Ruby or Perl.
- More experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Experience building web services
- NoSQL database experience, preferably MongoDB
- Experience working in a cloud environment like AWS, Rackspace or Softlayer is a plus
- Comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced startup environment
- Experience in test-driven development
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Experience in QA Testing
DecisionNext is a rapidly growing software company helping food, natural resources and chemicals companies make better decisions about sales, purchasing, and operations through sophisticated analytical tools.
Location: San Francisco Bay Area or Remote
How to Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch!